Kentucky Nonprofit Network's Principles & Practices for Nonprofit Excellence in Kentucky tools are your Kentucky-specific source for information on the legal requirements for operating a nonprofit organization in the Commonwealth, as well as information on recognized nonprofit management best practices. The tools were launched in 2012 and revised in a second edition in 2019 because stronger, more effective nonprofits can provide improved services to clients and constituencies, strengthen Kentucky communities and enhance organizational experience for this and the next generation of nonprofit leaders. These positive changes will result in a more respected and influential nonprofit sector that receives greater support from all stakeholders. The Principles & Practices tools exist to:
1. Provide individual organizations striving for excellence with a Kentucky-specific tool for planning and refining operations;
2. Support the growth and quality of the nonprofit sector; and
3. Increase public understanding of the role and contributions of the nonprofit sector.
The 2nd Edition Principles & Practices for Nonprofit Excellence in Kentucky tools cover fourteen areas of nonprofit management and include:
- 2nd Edition Principles and Practices for Nonprofit Excellence in Kentucky Guide
- Updated Organizational Planning & Implementation Workbook (accessible by KNN Members only - JOIN NOW to access extensive resources in our Member Information Center or KNN members - LOGIN to access)
- Web Resources
- Kentucky Nonprofit Best Practices Partnership
Click to download a webinar recording to learn more about utilizing the Principles & Practices for Nonprofit Excellence in Kentucky tools.