Want to know more about your new Urban County Council?
What did candidates have to say prior to the election?
Mayoral Race Voter Guide
Click here to download the responses from both mayoral candidates on three questions important to nonprofits and the residents we serve.
Urban County Council Candidate Forums
In September and October 2022, the Lexington Nonprofit Coalition hosted a series of candidate forums to hear from Urban County Council candidates on where they stand on issues important to Lexington's nonprofits and the residents we serve.
The nonprofit sector is essential to Lexington's quality of life AND economy. Nonprofits deserve a seat at the table when decisions are being made that impact our mission and the people we serve. Educating our elected officials on these facts is necessary to ensure nonprofits can effectively accomplish their missions.
Click the links below to view the forum recordings:
- Council-At-Large (For a recording with closed captioning, click here) - Vote for 3 candidates. The top vote getter will be elected Vice Mayor. The next two top voter getters are elected as Council-at-Large members. Candidates include: James Brown, Chuck Ellinger, Bill Farmer, Jr., Lille Miller-Johnson, Richard Moloney, and Dan Wu.
- District 1 - Candidates Rahsaan Berry and Tayna Fogle
- District 2 - Candidates Shayla Lynch and Josh McCurn
- District 3 - Candidates Hannah LeGris and Kate Savage - A recording of this forum is not available.
- District 4 - Candidates Brack Marquette and Brenda Monarrez
- District 5 - Candidates Greg Ladd and Liz Sheehan
- District 6 - Candidates Denise Gray and Charlie Rowland
- District 7 - Candidates Joseph Hale and Preston Worley
- District 8 - Candidates Fred Brown and Kenya Williams
- District 9 - Candidates Whitney Elliott Baxter and James Lombardi
- District 10 - Candidates Ross Mann and Dave Sevigny
- District 11- Candidates Rock Daniels, Brittanie Price, and Jennifer Reynolds
- District 12 - Candidate Raymond Alexander did not reply to requests to participate in the Forum with his opponent, incumbent Kathy Plomin.
Not sure of your district? Click here to enter your address and find out.