KNN offers free Peer Huddles for member organizations’ staff and board members to engage in deeper conversation and move toward action and implementation of key nonprofit management issues such as governance, volunteerism, and more. Using KNN’s Principles & Practices for Nonprofit Excellence in Kentucky tools as the basis for discussion, the Peer Huddles allow members to connect, share lessons learned, ask questions, and more - all under the guidance and with the support of a skilled facilitator.
Join the Conversation with these KNN Peer Huddles:
- NEW! Programming Huddle - Click here to learn more and register!
- The Programming Huddle offers KNN members a virtual opportunity to learn together in collective solution building and implementation of the tools and approaches needed to reimagine nonprofit programming. Led by facilitator Ashley Oolman of Allied Folk. Meets once each quarter, on the last Wednesday of the month, from 12:30-2:00pm ET.
- Fundraising Huddle - Click here to learn more and register!
- The Fundraising Huddle offers KNN members a virtual opportunity to learn about fundraising best practices and discuss strategies with their peers and facilitator, Tawanda Owsley, Vice President of Development for Hosparus Health in Louisville. Meets on the second Wednesday of every other month from 2-3:30pm ET.
- Staffing/HR Huddle - Click here to learn more and register!
- The Staffing Huddle offers KNN members a virtual opportunity to learn about Human Resources and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion best practices in the nonprofit sector, as well as discuss challenges and solutions with their peers and facilitator, Chanta Wilkinson, HR & DEI consultant. Meets on the first Tuesday of every other month from 2-3:30pm ET.
- Governance Huddle
- The Governance Huddle met from June 2022 through March 2023. We are currently taking a break, but stay tuned for information on the next iteration! If you're interested in being notified when the next Governance huddle kicks off, please email us.
We invite you to watch this brief video to familiarize yourself or refresh your understanding of the diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) basics with Vanessa Womack, governance and DEI consultant, prior to participating in a Peer Huddle.
Peer Huddle participation is free and available exclusively for KNN members – join in the conversation!