- Find your Senator
- Find your member of the House of Representatives
- 2021 Session Accessability Guidance, Kentucky Voices for Health
- Legislative Research Commission website provides links to live-feed coverage, committee schedules and more. You can also follow coverage on the Legislature's YouTube Channel or KET.
Email your federal delegation:
@senatemajldr, Senate Minority Leader
@RepJohnYarmuth, Chairman House Budget Committee
- *NEW* Town Hall Meeting Recording - 2022 Legislative Preview with Governor Andy Beshear (November 2021)
- *NEW* Town Hall Meeting Recording - 2022 Legislative Preview with Nonprofit Caucus Members (November 2021)
- ARPA Resources to Assist in Advocating for Local Government Partnerships with Nonprofits
- Coalition Calls on Legislature to Protect Employers Rights to Stop the Spread of COVID-19 (September 2021)
- Letter to Kentucky's House and Senate Leadership re: Special Legislative Session (September 2021)
- KNN's Open Letter to Kentucky's City and County Leaders (June 2021)
- Town Hall Meeting Recording - Federal Policy Update with Congressman Yarmuth (May 27, 2021).
- Kentucky Nonprofit Letter & Proposal for Urgently Needed State COVID Relief (March 5, 2021).
- Letter to Congressional Leaders - 2021 COVID Relief (January 22, 2021)
- Town Hall Meeting Recording - State and Federal Policy Update (February 25, 2021)
- Town Hall Meeting Recording - Sector Update: Year End Survey Results & KNN's 2021 Legislative Priorities (January 21, 2021)
- Town Hall Meeting Recording - Governor Beshear addresses KY Nonprofit Leaders (December 17)
- Letter to Governor Beshear on Relief for Nonprofits (September 30)
- Kentucky Nonprofits Call on Congress to Act Now on Federal Relief - Press Conference (September 3)
- Virtual Town Hall Meeting Recording: Nonprofits & Election Activity - A Quick Guide to Protecting Your Tax-Exempt Status (August 13)
- Nonprofit Community Letter to Congress (July 13)
- Letter to Kentucky's Congressional Delegation: Act Now on Relief for Nonprofits (June 9)
- KNN's COVID-19 letter to Governor Beshear regarding USDOL guidance on self-insured nonprofits (4/29/20)
- Kentucky Nonprofit Community Letter to Congress (updated 4/20/20)
- KNN’s COVID-19 Letter to KY Leaders (updated 3/23)
- Community Letter to Congress: Nonprofit Track Reforms to the CARES Act (4/8/20)
2021 Public Policy & Legislative Priorities
(Click here to download a PDF.)
Economic relief for nonprofits:
Advocate for federal, state and local COVID relief programs that are accessible for all nonprofits and treat nonprofits equitably with for-profit businesses.
Support federal relief for state and local governments so that partnerships with nonprofits to deliver services impacting citizens and community quality of life can continue effectively.
Tax policy that empowers community solutions through nonprofits:
Support expanded, enhanced and new tax and other incentives for individuals and businesses, including a universal non-itemizer charitable giving tax deduction, at the federal and state level to encourage individuals to give generously to the work of charitable nonprofits. Actively oppose floors, caps or limits on existing incentives that would harm the sector’s ability to leverage philanthropic support.
Oppose the imposition of fees, payments in lieu of taxes (PILOTs) and other taxes and fees on tax-exempt nonprofit organizations.
Maintain and – where appropriate – expand nonprofit exemptions from paying state and local property, sales and use taxes and from collecting sales and use taxes.
Unemployment relief for nonprofits:
Advocate for 100% coverage of all COVID-19 related unemployment insurance claims for self-insured/reimbursing nonprofits employers and extension of this coverage in 2021.
Advocate for federal relief for the state unemployment insurance trust fund, impacting thousands of nonprofit employers contributing to the fund.
Nonprofit advocacy rights and civic engagement:
Preserve the integrity of charitable nonprofits by supporting the tax-law ban on electioneering and partisan political activities.
Oppose restrictions on the advocacy rights of charitable nonprofits.
Support legislation that makes it easier for Kentuckians to vote.
Public-private collaboration for the public good: Promote and support executive action or legislation that address systemic problems with nonprofit-government contracting, including streamlining contracts and contracts paying for the full cost of services (outlined in the final recommendation of the Government Contracting Task Force, 11/15/16).
Budgeting and spending to address community needs: Advocate for thoughtful state budget decisions and tax reform that encourage solutions that promote fiscal stability and growth, while ensuring that the work of nonprofits on behalf of the communities and people they serve is sustained and protected.
Nonprofit effectiveness and independence: Oppose policies or legislation that impose increased costs, burdens, barriers, limitations or liabilities on nonprofits – negatively impacting their ability to effectively accomplish their core mission.