Nonprofits Win in the 2015 Kentucky General Assembly!
Check out KNN's Public Policy Priorities for the 2015 legislative session.
HB 440 unanimously passed by the Kentucky General Assembly and signed by Governor Beshear! Learn more about House Bill 440 - a new law that will modernize the law's governing Kentucky's nonprofits.
- NEW Summary for Taking Advantage of HB 440 (became effective 6/24/15) KNN members, log in to access enhanced summary with implementation tips.
- HB 440 Text
- Press Release about the unanimous passage of HB 440
- Press Release about the signing of HB 440 by Governor Beshear
- View the recommendations submitted by a KNN work group used in drafting sections of HB 440 that impact 501 (c) organizations.
- We're not finished! KNN plans to continue working to modernize these laws. Please let us hear from you on the Kentucky laws negatively impacting your nonprofit.
HCR 89 unanimously passed by the Kentucky General Assembly and signed by Governor Beshear! Learn more about HCR 89 - a resolution to create a task force to explore solutions for nonprofit and government contracting.
- HCR 89 one page summary
- HCR 89 Bill Text
- Press Release about the unanimous passage of HCR 89
- Press Release about the signing of HCR 89 by Governor Beshear
- View the Urban Institute's Summary of Nonprofit and Government Contracting Issues in KY
- Press Release about the start of the Task Force
- Read the final recommendations of the Government Nonprofit Contracting Task Force
- Press Release about the Final Recommendation