Presenter: Shyaam Subramanian, Alliance for Justice
KNN Members: $20*
Potential Members: $40*
*Registration is FREE/included for those registered for the (c)(3) Public Policy Summit on June 28. Summit registrants will be provided with webinar login information and do NOT need to register for the webinar.
**The webinar will be recorded.
Supporting and Engaging in Advocacy: Legal Tips for Nonprofit Advocates
There are many reasons why nonprofit organizations choose to advocate to advance their missions! This introductory webinar will demystify the IRS rules relating to nonprofit advocacy and will cover:
· Reasons for nonprofit involvement in public policy advocacy
· Overview of activities that constitute advocacy and public policy work
· Yes, You Can! How federal tax law permits lobbying for 501(c)(3) public charities (which includes houses of worship and public foundations)
· How private and public foundations can support and engage in advocacy
· Rules for private and public foundation grants to nonprofits that lobby, including general support, specific project, and multi-year grants
· Kentucky’s laws regarding 501 (c)(3) lobbying.